Monday, December 17, 2012

Tis the Season

I’ve been slightly ill the past week so I’ve found myself house bound and going a-bit stir crazy. In the process of attempting to calm my craziness I began to sort through old files that I’ve owned and kept for god knows HOW long! MAN Oh man you can just imagine the memory lane I’ve been down the past 3 days. All my life filed away in these folders randomly titled depending on the different mood I was in at that particular time. Wow This one in particular piece I’ve read and re-read tonight and now I would like to share it with you. I wrote this when my daughter was a small child and I was in my 20’s. “The sun sinks slowly over the horizon as I anxiously await total darkness to plug in the lights I have so lovingly strung throughout the house. Tis the season to be jolly and oh how I LOVE it! The smells of cookies baking, the faces of children alight with glee at the thought of Santa and his HUGE bag of presents. The hot spiced wine and mistletoe, the parties thrown and the laughter shared. This is the time of year when worries are put aside, problems forgotten and childhoods remembered with fond affection. This is the time of year when snowball fights are eagerly joined by everyone around. Frosty the Snowman comes to life and fills the air with his happy song. FINALLY darkness has fallen, the moment I’ve waited for a full year is here at last. Hesitating, I look over at my daughter tightly clasping her hands together, shoulders shrugged in excitement, all eyes aglow with anticipation. OK… here goes…I plug in the lights. Instantly a thousand hopes and dreams come to life throughout the world and here in this very house all at the same time. Courtney squeals with delight at the show. Now it really IS Christmas. A sense of peace overcomes me as I sit back with my glass of eggnog to enjoy the season. What a wonderful time of year. My very favorite!” Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!!

No comments: